Lavender Simple Syrup is fantastic in a cocktail, lemonade, painted on a cake or in sorbet. You can use the base recipe and add whatever herbs you have growing on your window sill or in your herb garden. My favourites are: lemon verbena, wild mint, lemon thyme, orange thyme, anise hyssop, rosemary, basil and of course lavender!
LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lavender blossoms or a lavender bouquet tied with kitchen twine. Just eyeball your bouquet so that you have roughly one tablespoon of blossoms; a little more isn’t going to hurt anything.
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Turn heat off, add lavender and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into a clean, sterilized bottle or jar, allow the lavender simple syrup to come to room temperature then refrigerate. If you’ve used lavender blossoms, you’ll need to pour the syrup through a fine mesh. If you used a bouquet, simply remove it.
THE LOVE: The more lavender blossoms you use, the stronger the flavour.
Thanks for reading and stay safe! XO