If I had to choose one meal that my kids loved and now my grandson loves, it’s one pot MAC n CHEESE.
I love it too! No fuss, no muss. The longest part of making this delicious dish is the time it takes to boil the pasta. I hope you’ll give it a try. Please share my recipe with your friends, after all, everybody loves a good Mac and Cheese recipe!
ONE POT MAC and CHEESE
- 2 cups uncooked short pasta – elbows, penne, etc.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Shredded Mozzarella
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Boil the pasta until al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place butter in the same pot and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant – about 1 minute
- Whisk in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in cream then whisk quickly to avoid lumps.
- Cook over low heat until thickened and smooth – you have to keep stirring!
- Remove pot from heat, add shredded cheeses and mix well.
- Season, to taste.
- Add boiled pasta and stir carefully until noodles are completely coated
- Serve and enjoy!
THE LOVE: Cooked pasta will keep in the refrigerator, as long as it’s well wrapped, up to one week. It will keep in the freezer up to three months. To reheat, simply bring a large pot of water to a full boil and drop your pasta into it. The cold pasta will stop the boil. Allow the water to come back to the boil then immediately drain your pasta into a colander and it’s ready to serve!
Thanks for reading.